This is the Kroot and my tau army they'll be fielded alongside- yes, I know I have a problem. With the new codex, this clocks at just over 15000 points - I only plan on adding a handful of of crisis squads, a handful of breacher squads w/ devilfish, and maybe a few larger suits; otherwise the army is practically done being collected.
Other things I got done yesterday-
Got all my guard and Kasrkin basecoated - so hopefully within the next few weeks I'll have at least 1 army to TT-standard paint.
I magnetized up a baneblade chassis I got to be useable as 4 variants of the chassis - all I need to do is get my hands on the shadowsword cannon bitz and I'll be able to run it as every baneblade variant save the stormsword and the stormhammer - I'd need BSI's plasma cannon for the former and 2 more sets of the baneblade sprue sets for that latter.
Today I got these beauties started - a hydra and a salamander for the start of my armored company. Goal is to have both done by the singles RTT this Saturday I'll be attending.
So past couple nights I got some conversions completed - a squad of Saurus Kroot and a squad of vulturekin. Unfortunately, my initial attempt at duplicating my custom bitz was met by failure - press molding items that have complex curves is difficult, and I mixed my putty too soft. Setbacks, but I will press on with what I have learned.
Ok, so that's about it, on to the pretty pictures.
Yup, that's my entire Kroot collection - that's what 289 Kroot look like.
Included in that are:
- 10 squads of 20 Kroot carnivores, each including a shaper (5 squads expertly painted and lightly converted for character by my friend Angel Crespo)
- A squad of 20 carnivores converted from Lizardmen Saurus Warriors, Shaper converted from the Temple Guard from the Carnosaur.
- 2 squads of 10 vulturekin, each with a shaper (Again, one squad of 10 painted and created by Angel - his actually utilized tau fire warrior torso and legs, with greenstuff spacer, making them stand taller then my vulturekin)
My squad, followed by 3 of his
- 15 Forgeworld Knarloc Riders
- 7 Kroot jetbikers, also brought to life by Angel
- 12 Krootoxen
- 9 hounds
- Master Shaper converted from a Broodlord
There in front on the 40mm base
- 3 Angkor Prok models, 2 from Crespo - one to act as my hound herd, one to be Angkor, and one converted to have an evicerator.
- Kroot Shaman, cornverted from the WHFB Dogs of War Dark Emissary
- Greater Knarloc, converted from a Lizardmen Carnosaur (another item I inherited, this time from my friend Zach Francisco)
Hey guys, I'm Jon Kissinger, a 23 year old 40k aficionado.
I started playing at about age 8, when my older brother introduced me to the 3rd edition ruleset of 40k, and we played 1k battles, one of us either being orks, marines, or dark eldar, as those were the 3 armies he had starter miniatures for.
Since then, I've dabbled in Tau/Kroot, Deathwing/Ravenwing, Blood Angels, and Inquisition/Grey Knight/SoB/IG/MT armies in 40k, Tomb Kings in Fantasy, Imperials in X-Wing, Khador in WHM/H.
Currently, my active armies are Blood Angels, my Inquisitorial Tau Empire, and a sizable Kroot Mercs army.